REAGAN MARKETING + DESIGN is looking for a strong graphic designer to formulate conceptual ideas and create visual representations for print and digital execution.
Collaborating with the project team, you’ll contribute inspiration from written or spoken ideas, concept a variety of graphic options and convert selected ideas into a final, executable design. Your expertise in branding, marketing and communications will enable you to toggle between creating identities, campaigns and tactics. You will excel with an ability to craft visual stories that delivers results.
There is no “typical day” here because every day we will prioritize what matters most. This is a hybrid position working in multiple settings—at our agency (indoors or out) in the Wealthy Street district, occasionally at the client’s workplace or from home.
Here are a few of the shared expectations:
- Think both strategically and creatively to visualize and develop innovative graphic designs that meet business goals.
- Brainstorm, conceptualize and strategize with internal RM+D teams of project managers and writers, or directly with our clients.
- Self-motivated, flexible, organized and energized by deadlines and a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team player.
- A sense of curiosity to continue to learn new things – staying on top of programs and new features, industry trends and learning new skills that can benefit our team and our clients.
- Strong typography and layout skills – understanding the foundations of design.
- Embrace all types of design from production design, digital graphics and newsletters to full branding and advertising campaigns.
- Ensure designs meet organizational standards and brand expectations, express ideas accurately, and represent the company or client appropriately.
- Expert level use of Adobe Creative Suite – specifically InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Ability to handle multiple types of production including but not limited to prepress, color correction, offset & digital printing processes and digital platforms.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Time management skills to re-prioritize personal workload when things change.
- Organize and manage design files from concept to completion.
- Work within budget constraints, and schedule project implementation based on workload and multiple projects.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to excellence.
- 7+ years of relevant design experience; preferably in an agency setting.
- Bachelor degree with an emphasis in graphic design.
- Proven experience with graphic design, with a strong portfolio of work.
Salary is negotiable depending on skills and experience. Benefits package includes health insurance, disability & life insurance, SIMPLE IRA contribution, wellness reimbursement, paid holidays and paid time off.
Please send your resume and a design portfolio PDF or URL to email@example.com.
About REAGAN MARKETING + DESIGN
Reagan Marketing + Design, LLC (RM+D) is a full-service integrated marketing and communications firm at 912 Wealthy St. SE in Grand Rapids, MI. With 30 years in business and 30+ team members, we are highly motivated, hard-working humans and great partners who care about what we do.